The Sew Weekly Reunion Challenge -Complete!


TSWR collageThe Facts

Fabric: Organic cotton. Print is Robot Factory by Caleb Gray, Circuit Board in Rust. I purchased from https://www.etsy.com/shop/CottonBlossomFarm

Notions: 2 white buttons, and an invisible zippper

Pantone Challenge colors: Koi and Samba

Pattern: I created the pattern using the software Pattern Master Boutique, but it is based on this vintage pattern, McCall’s 6324 (I used the original pocket pattern.)

photo (10)

Year: 1960’s (1963?, I will have to go back and check.)

Time to complete: From the time the pattern was corrected, approx 5 1/2 hours over two days.

First worn: Just for photos so far.

Wear again? There a couple of minor things I would like to fix, but yes, definitely! I would love to wear it the next time I set up at a craft show!

Total Cost:  I originally bought 4 yards of the fabric (almost a year ago!) for $32 (I still have approx 1.5 yards left), and $2 for the buttons. I already had the zipper. Total: approx $34

Advertisements

TSW Challenge – 24 Days Left


In the words of the great Bart Simspon, “Hay caramba!” I finally found the circuit printed fabric. After checking all THIRTEEN (yes, I counted) boxes of my fabric stash, it was in the bottom of the very last one. Figures, right? Well I took the circuit fabric along with the denim fabric outside into the daylight to see how the colors looked. So the red denim I mentioned earlier…..definitely PINK! So why did I think it was red? Well I must admit the light was out in my lamp, I have since replaced it, but I should have known better than to be judging color in dim lighting. The denim might actually be close to the Vivacious. See photo:

photo (9)

So, I decided I still want to use the circuit fabric, but will NOT be making a jacket. It may have been biting off more than I can chew for my first challenge ever anyway. The jacket I had in mind was very modern, so my first rummage through, I only looked at my modern patterns for the dress I wanted to make. This was also in part because I didn’t think I would feel like trying to size up the itty bitty vintage patterns.  I decided to sift through all of my dress patterns, (including the vintage ones) before I fully committed to the dress from my previous post.  I found a lovely one from the 1960s that I think will look great. 1962 to be exact. McCall’s 6324. I have decided that this one is absolutely the one I want to do for the challenge. I already found some white buttons while I was at Jo-Ann the other day, and I think they will be perfect.

photo (10)

I’m thinking that I might just recreate this pattern using my pattern software, instead of trying to size up this vintage pattern to a plus size for myself. We’ll see. Circuit fabric is being pre-washed right now!